Friday 11 October 2013

BANKSY in NYC

So Banksy has been doing a month residency in NYC, and from what I have picked up, it basically means he's been out painting every now and again, and then all of NY are going nuts desperately trying to see theses pieces in their natural environment before they get buffed, tagged, or stolen. I like Banksy, always had, so to see how mental people are going fills me with a little bit of joy! Meet Omar, depending if the ranting of Philip McHugh are correct, he's an old skool legend from the Bronx who deserves all the respect Banksy is getting. I dont really care, the mans ballsy for taggin a Banksy in front of the graff tourists, I'm surprised no-one called the fuzz. Pics, info, and ranting from The Gothamist The locals wern't happy... This piece has had at least 2 attempted removals from the locals, but then they realised that they could just charge people to look at it (check it here), which is amazing. Check out Banksy for more.

No comments:

SEARCH

I DON'T ALWAYS NO WHERE I GET STUFF FROM OR WHO TAKES WHICH PICS, SO THIS IS MY GENERAL DISCLAIMER, IF YOU WANT CREDITING, THEN DROP ME A EMAIL AND I'LL FIX IT