Monday 18 November 2013

Fookin removable mud guards...

Its not interesting, but I have a small review of 3 removable mudguards... Why you ask, well because I bought all of them looking for a mud guard that I liked and it took me 3 to find it.

So in 3rd, Full Windsor...
It just looked a bit too chunky, and a bit too floppy, I didn't like the way it wrapped around the set tube (I did like the idea of protecting the back of my legs, but that didn't work) I tried cutting it down, and thinning it up, but it didn't take long for me to prefer a wet arse to the Full Windsor. (also annoying website)(bit fiddly)

2nd, Musguard...
I liked this at first, even donated to the kickstarter, and when it eventually turned up I was excited. It worked well but due to the geometry of my frame it sat bare mm's from the rear tyre which meant at time they would collide. This wasn't to bad, but it didn't take long the the plastic to develop a weird kink in it which just wouldn't unkink. Weirdly it wasn't a fold, or even a kink but a warp I guess, and it just bugged the crap out of me, ruining the fairly slick (but not suitable for my bike) look of the mudguard, or fender as they call it... (its not a fender, its a mudguard)(the video is a bit shit and all, but it worked on me)

1st Place, the Winner (so far) Ass Saver Cycle...
So the name is terrible, but its small, simple, and works a treat, need I say more, well impressed, and I like the way it looks on the bike, I was going to remove it but its so neat and tidy I don't need to (but I do so peeps wont steal it, its a sad world we live in). Happy. (again terrible name)


And there you go, 3 mudguards, 3 amazing stories, and the rest is history.

No comments:

SEARCH

I DON'T ALWAYS NO WHERE I GET STUFF FROM OR WHO TAKES WHICH PICS, SO THIS IS MY GENERAL DISCLAIMER, IF YOU WANT CREDITING, THEN DROP ME A EMAIL AND I'LL FIX IT